Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fashion and Travel Revelations

Just got back Sunday from a trip to Miami. Alas, I think my traveling is over for awhile. In May we were in New York City, Washington DC a few weeks ago and last week Miami. One thing I did notice in all my trips is the fashion. Now if you were a close friend of mine you would not think that I spend a whole lot of time thinking about fashion. I do, I think about crochet when I look at the fashion on the streets, in magazines and on tv. I am always pointing out crochet to my husband, I'm sure he tunes this out by now. I notice colors and combinations. I love combining colors that are not "normal" go togethers.

While traveling I did realize that what we see on tv and in magazines women actually wear. I know, I was shocked myself. It all clicked in Washington DC. We sat at an outdoor cafe and people poured out of the subway and there they were; dresses, suits and heels, they wore heels to walk everywhere in DC, not just functional heels, 3 inchers.  While shopping in Miami I was hard pressed to find a pair of heels that was not 3 inches.

Now that I am back and settled for a time I can use my travels to inspire me. I will post some awesome Miami photos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment