Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Knit and Crochet Pattern Books

I was browsing through Amazon today, looking for the latest and greatest crochet pattern book. I really don't need another one, but I am a true addict who has to have the latest. I might miss something in the crochet world. My pet peeve: why when you type in crochet do you get 3 books crochet 12 for knitting, then on top of that the books that have both crochet and knit has 2 crochet patterns and again, 12 knit patterns. I am so happy that there are women in this world that can do both, I applaud you, but I am not one of the fortunate ones. I really hate to buy a book that has both. Pick one, do one, don't mix it up. Thanks for letting me vent.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! I get tired of going into LYS and they ask me "so what are you knitting now?" and I just give them this blank stare and go "I don't knit, I crochet." I either get the look of death along with a you're not that welcome here feeling or "well that's because so-in-so has never taught you to knit, would you like to sign up for a class?"

    I'm not a knitter, I don't want to be a knitter. I'm a hooker and proud of it so stop trying to make me a knitter. I tried to teach myself in college....crocheting is just so much easier (natural) to me. The only local places that I have that are geared towards crocheters are craft stores, and their selections are often limited. Amazon also drives me insaine b/c it "recommends" knitting books when the only thing I've bought from them are crochet books.

    ReplyDelete